I help CEOs and Business Owners of medium-sized organizations and high-growth start-ups Make Better Strategy.
So they can deliver growth, boost financial performance, and make a lasting impact.
Hi...nice to meet you.
The premise of my work is simple:
As a CEO you want your business to be successful.
The foundation of every successful business is a good strategy.
Unfortunately, good strategy is rare.
Study after study confirms that the majority of leaders think:
- Their company has NO well-defined strategy
- Their strategy will NOT lead to success
- Their strategy is NOT shaping the industry
Study after study also proves that a good strategy leads to above-average growth and profitability compared to industry peers.
To make good strategy, you need three things:
- A clear definition of what strategy is and that works across the organization without confusing everybody,
- A structured framework for thinking about strategic issues that unlocks breakthrough ideas, and
- A systematic process to design, execute, track, review, and update your strategy with market events when needed instead of only during the annual offsite.
And I‘m not talking about strategy as long lists of initiatives, financial forecasts, 100s of slides, or any other old-school strategic planning stuff that never seems to get implemented.
I‘m talking about a strategy that enables you to move fast, with precision, and delivers tangible results.
One that equips you to:
- Innovate and solve the challenges that keep you from reaching your ambitions
- Lead with unparalleled clarity + confidence in a way that inspires action
- Align your team to a common direction that they’re excited to execute
- Build a winning business that succeeds for years to come
- Focus your people on what really matters
- Boost performance
- Fuel growth
Without spending time you don’t have on analysis and planning, taking too many resources away from the day-to-day business, or wasting money.
For over 20 years, I’ve equipped leaders in global organizations, including ArcelorMittal, BMW, DeBeers, Deloitte, HP, HSBC, Lufthansa, McDonald’s, and the OECD, to design and execute winning strategies.
Today, I help CEOs, business owners, and leadership teams of medium-sized organizations who don‘t have the large strategy teams and sophisticated planning systems the Fortune 500 can afford (and which, frankly, you don’t need) to create strategies that lead to powerful results even during challenging times.
Fast and pragmatic, without months of analysis and planning, and taking too much time and resources away from daily business.
And without the pains of the traditional, old-school strategic planning approaches.
All by using my unique, proven approach, which I’ve developed and fine-tuned over the years: The Strategy Launchpad™ System.
Old-school strategy is dead. 💀
For what it's worth...My background:
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), Alliance Manchester Business School. I researched how established companies create new growth through strategic innovation (This work led to two books)
- Master’s degree (Mag.rer.soc.oec) in business, economics, and social sciences, with a specialization in strategy from the Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Certificate in training and organizational development from the Salzburg University Business School
- Certified Blue Ocean Strategy Practitioner
- IDEO U Certification in Human-Centered Strategy Design and Activation
- IBM Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner
- Design Sprint Facilitator
- SAFe Agilist
- Systemic Consulting Certification
- Extensive training in group dynamics and workshop facilitation
- Former Director at Deloitte
- Member of the Board of Advisors of the Global Innovation Institute
- Executive Education Faculty at Emeritus, Hult, Duke Corporate Education, Luxembourg School of Business